Wednesday 7 June 2017

MOMENT WITH ADVOCATE _AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MISS ZULIEY


We officially welcome every FOSSSAITE to this special Interview with one of our very own and also use this medium to declare it Open. 


 Tonight on the show I have another reputable personality and a man of Integrity in person of Lord-Tophet who will be my Co-anchor for tonight from Economics department.
Miss Zuleiy
MIZZ ZULIEY AS FONDLY CALLED ON MWA
Can our guest please greet the whole house and give a short introduction?


Good evening everyone here. I am Onuka Zuleihat popularly called Miss Zuleiy. A 3rd year student of political science in this gracious faculty. I must really appreciate the opportunity from MWA to be here tonight. Its really an honour.

Can you intimate us a little as to your background?
Thank you very much, I was born and brought up in Lagos, I schooled in Ferscoat international school Ipaja Lagos for my primary education. I had my secondary education in command secondary school Ipaja Lagos.I later moved to Abuja, and that's where I am based right now

How would you describe the method employed by the faculty's council of Presidents in the screening of candidates for SU poll?
Well, I think it was a method they thought in the best of their knowledge would solve the issues the faculty had at that moment

And sincerely ma, do you think the aforementioned was achieved?
Sincerely, it birthed more issues than it was meant to solve.

Can you please highlight few of the issues the process birthed?
Well, for one a lots of hard feelings have been unearthed by what has happened and the division that was meant to be avoided has actually been an immediate cause of the outcome of the process.

*How can you describe the Electoral College Organized by the Leadership of FOSSSA which some considered UNCONSTITUTIONAL?*

As a parliamentarian what's your take on the process and do you consider it also as UNCONSTITUTIONAL?
As far as it is not embedded in any of the laws that regulate the activities of students in the school, it is not constitutional. But as a parliamentarian I know that some things that are done may not be constitutional in the sense of the word but could bring about the settlement of clashes and they therefore become conventional. Some conventions are not constitutional but they are regarded as a norm.

What is your relationship with the FACULTY PRESIDENT
‬I guess my relationship with him is the same as every student of Fosssa

Is it safe to say that the Leadership and coordination of FOSSSA is base on CONVENTION and not CONSTITUTION?
No not that. As a senator in the faculty that would mean that we are not doing our jobs, we make sure that the faculty association is being run constitutionally.


How can you describe this as an honorable member of the Legislative Assembly and what are the things you considered as your greatest achievement as member so far?
‬ Well about the mace, it was disheartening that those that perpetrated such acts failed to believe in the power of the legislative process and had to take laws into their hands.

*Mr Prince suggested that religion and indigene may have played a big role in the electoral college process, do you subscribe to that?*
As a member of the house, well what I do mostly is air my opinions about whatever issues that comes to the house, making sure that the interest of the faculty is put first and what is best is done.
Well....... In any Nigerian politics ethnicity and religion would always play a significant role. Although I don't know to what extent it must have occurred but I believe it must have been a factor. Although I look forward to a time when we would be people who would look beyond all that and always make decisions objectively.

THANKS FOR STAYING WITH US!!!

 CLICK HERE TO REFRESH THIS 📄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

[blogger][disqus][facebook]

Disqus Shortname

sigma2

Comments System

blogger/disqus/facebook

Disqus Shortname

designcart